Friday, April 10, 2009

Out of Town

I just got back from the pharmacy where I wanted to hug someone and punch someone all at the same time. I had gone inside to pick up a prescription; there was a woman who was waiting at the drive thru. The pharmaceutical tech was helping the woman and going through the basic, confirm your date of birth and address so you do not get the wrong medication routine when the customer snapped. She started yelling how this is ridiculous, she is there at least once a week why does she have to answer these questions? I am hoping that what ever medication she was picking up will help with the awful demeanor she has. The poor pharmaceutical tech basically ignored her out burst but I could see she was visibly shaken. I hate assholes.

On a lighter note I just got back from visiting my mom in Fort Worth for several days. It was so relaxing and I can really never get enough mom time. The bonus was that her best friend was in town from Tampa. This particular best friend was on the show Survivor Thailand and almost won. They have been best friends since high school and she was like a second mom to me so it was nice to spend time with them both this week.

I also got to see a very cool photography exhibit in Fort Worth which has several great museums by the way. This was the Barbara Crane exhibit at the Amon Carter, http://www.cartermuseum.org/. This woman has been taking amazing photos for over 60 years. I enjoyed how varied her work was. I was happy to stumble upon her show while I was in my hometown.

1 comment:

  1. Whenever I see someone giving the counter worker grief I always try to be extra pleasant when it's my turn. I hope it pulls the sting out a little for them. I'm generally very polite to people behind counters because goodness only knows who they had to wait on last--or next!

    ReplyDelete