Monday, April 13, 2009

Weekend

I had a great weekend. Once day was go go go and then yesterday was nothing but lazy, a perfect split.

Saturday morning I took both of my 90 pound black labs to The Mighty Texas Dog Walk. One of my best friends had called and asked if I was interested in doing the three mile walk. This event helps to raise money for Texas Hearing and Service Dogs. These dogs are given to people who need them free of charge but it costs about thousands of dollars to get them trained to where they can be of service. It was amazing to see all of the dogs. At the beginning my dogs were so excited I was not sure that they were going to listen to me at all and instead just drag me around where ever they pleased. Molly the two year old almost knocked over a tent in order to get to the free treats. After the walk got under way they calmed down and sniffed hello to the other dogs along the way. It was fun, the dogs loved it, and we helped with a great cause. www.servicedogs.org

Then it was off to the grocery store to grab the fixings for baked beans, the dish I had agreed to bring to the boyfriend’s family Easter gathering that evening. Once all that was in the crock pot it was off to my sister’s to take pictures of her new house. She wanted a picture of her new husband, the new puppy, and herself in front of the house for the house warming invitation. She also wanted pictures of the interior to send to my grandmother and great aunt.

Then home to put the baked beans into a serving dish and head over to the boyfriend’s oldest brother’s house which is less than five minutes away. The boyfriend is the youngest of four. His oldest brother is sixteen years older. He also has 8 nieces and nephews, six boys and two girls. They are a very large family that was born here in Austin and they all still live very close. His mother lives about 5 blocks away in the house where he grew up. I really enjoyed seeing them all and getting to know them better. Even though they are all in town and the boyfriend and I have been together for almost two years, they all lead very different lives and it really is hard to get that many people together. There were kids running in every direction, tons of food, and then they turned on the Wii. Know the boyfriend and his brothers, no matter how old they get they will always be brothers and competitive beyond belief. It was fun to watch. Next thing I knew it was 10:30 and I was done.

The next morning we were up early and with a whole day of nothing to do. We went downtown to a favorite brunch spot before the crowds hits and had yummy food and then came home for a mid morning nap! The rest of the day was spent cooking snacks, reading and watching movies. A perfect day hanging out with the boyfriend and laughing.

1 comment:

  1. I love weekends like that--the busy day sort of justifies the lazy day;)

    ReplyDelete