Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year New Start

It is a new year and while I have never been one for New Year's resolutions this year will be full of firsts, I hope. Today I have officially been unemployed for a year. I have looked for jobs with no luck. While the last year has been good I look back and feel as if I wasted so much time. Was it fear, laziness, lack of direction that made me do nothing? I am not one that in the past has sat back and let the world pass me by. I have worked hard, travelled, loved, and have great close friends and family. Instead of dwelling on what was not done last year I am choosing to look forward and do. Writing is one of those things. I have gotten back in touch with people from my past thanks to social media and the thing they all have asked is, "What have you written?" I either ignore the question or reply with something flip.I used to write all of the time and claim I would one day write a novel. One thing I will do this year is at least try to write the novel I have spoken of for years. I have no idea what it will be about, if it will be good, finished, published, but it will be truly attempted. I will write here to remind myself how good it truly feels.

There will be other things I will do of course, work out more in hope a few pounds will be lost, take more photos, and refine my cooking skills, other goals that will keep me doing and moving forward

A new beginning and in a year I will look back and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment