Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Quotes for Life

At the high school I attended many years ago you got an entire page for your senior year photo. Parents would have photos professionally done and then you would submit your photo as well as a quote. I still remember mine without looking back in that yearbook, "There is a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning." - Jimmy Buffet I don't remember why exactly why I chose this quote. If I had to chose a quote today nothing jumps off my tongue. I would look around in favorite books or look up what some of my favorite people said. Really,I hope I never have to pick a quote again. I feel as though picking a quote or motto that best describes you is a like a verbal photograph, will that truly be something I live by and preach in 15 years? Unless it is something as simple as "Be nice." I find that most people (no not all) that go around proclaiming what they live by so that others can hear end up being hypocrites. Is that why they feel the need to share what they want you to see in them?

I am thinking about this because I went to the bank today to get a document and as they are supposed to do, the woman helping me tried to sell me some additional services. She asked me what I did for a living. I told her I was unemployed. She asked with a shocked look on her face, "Well what are you going to do?" Ok lady um I don't know you and I don't feel like I need to explain my life's goals. I wished right then I had a one liner that would give me something to say and shock her a little like, "Live life to the fullest!", "Seize the day!" You get the idea. So maybe I do need a quote or as I will call it a little ammunition.

No comments:

Post a Comment