Monday, March 16, 2009

Dinner Party

About midnight on Saturday night after quite a bit of wine I decided that I wanted to have a dinner party, the next day. I sent out a mass text to those I wanted to invite and woke up the next morning to several replies of yes. The boyfriend called several more people and while he had meetings and worked I started cooking. There was no theme I just cooked a bunch of stuff I had wanted to cook. The boyfriend’s brother had killed a deer but didn’t want the meat so he brought all of it to us. I am a vegetarian but don’t mind cooking meat so I have been seeing how many different ways I can make venison. I chose one of the boyfriend’s favorites, venison burgers and put that on the menu. (Quick note I chop up raw bacon and mix it in while forming the patties and this apparently is a big hit. Of course it is bacon). I made a chick pea salad with asparagus, brussel sprouts and mushrooms. There was a homemade vegetarian pot pie, Caesar salad, mashed potatoes, baked macaroni and cheese, shrimp, and a bunch of wine. The food went over very well and so I had full happy guests.

One of my best friends is a consultant for some board game companies. She brought over a game for us to test. I have to say I do not enjoy playing games with the exception of Catch Phrase. But my friend needed my help and apparently everyone else that I had invited loves games. We were sitting on the back porch playing the game, drinking some wine. There was knock on the front door and when we answered there was a police officer. We were informed out neighbor called because we were causing a commotion. When we explained it was six of us playing a board game, all young professional in their 30s the officer laughed and said, “You guys must not be friendly with your neighbor?” The thing is we are! We can talk to each other from out back porches; we have each other cell numbers. Why they couldn’t stick their head out and ask us to quiet a bit or call, I have no idea. We actually laughed pretty hard and then moved the game inside because we are courteous. I would like to recommend the game Loaded Questions! Like I said I do not like games and was in total agreement when everyone wanted to play a second time.

1 comment:

  1. How weird! I'm guessing your neighbor was bummed out not to be invited. My neighbors came over and we played CatchPhrase and laughed SO hard, too.

    ReplyDelete