Monday, February 16, 2009

Monday Fun Day

My best friend and I have had many “Fun Day Sundays” as we call them. Since I am unemployed and she has Mondays off, we chose to have a Monday Fun Day. We were going to try a place where neither of us had eaten before, an airstream trailer that serves crepes, they were closed. So we went to a favorite that we do not indulge in often. If you have never had a fried avocado, find one now and put it in a tortilla with cheese, so yummy. Then she agreed to go along on my errands which really turned into window shopping.
We went into this beautiful furniture store to browse and this nice man treated my as if I was about to buy everything in the store which was nice, but again I am unemployed. I was also simply confused by what would give him the impression that I had unlimited funds, but I silently thanked him for treating me as such.
We walked by a new restaurant that while we have no idea what the cuisine is just by how amazing the architecture is alone we can’t wait to eat there.
I bought a yoga blanket and took her to Anthropologie which I was surprised to find was a place she had never been. They had a million wonderful things. I was shocked when I picked up this bird and saw that is was $29.99. I rarely buy trinkets but fell in love. The nice man rang me up and told me, “That will be $322.00.” Um what? I had to explain that I had read the tag wrong. In my defense the tag had been torn, I do know how to read numbers.
We continued to have a wonderful day until I had to take her to work, on her day off, which is another story. I did get to run into her store and get a Topo Chico which I had been craving for 24 hours.One of my favorite moments was when I noted that I felt people had been glancing at us all day, in a good way. We had to giggle since we are both jeans and t-shirt kind of gals. We had both dressed for the day without conferring, we felt very put together, which of course made us laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment