Friday, February 20, 2009

What was she thinking?

I went to pick up my dinner at my favorite Thai place. When I walked in there was singing, the table closest to the font of the restaurant was singing. What made this strange and funny at the same time was not so much the singing but the fact that the people at this table obviously did not want to sing. There were about ten people at this table. The woman at the head of the table was standing and had one of those sack things to put your baby in hanging in the front and yes there was a baby in it. I could not tell due to the lack of enthusiasm if this woman and simply written the words to “Sweet Caroline” down for everyone to use or she had redone the words for what ever occasion they had gathered for. Now the woman standing was singing and the other nine we mumbling I turned around to look and hopefully get a better idea of what was going on but I started laughing and that is really rude when you are looking at the people you are laughing at, so I turned away and kept laughing. I almost decided to eat my food there just so I could get a better idea of what was going on. When I got in my car I thought if I had gathered ten of my friends together at an alcohol free place to celebrate ANYTHING I would know better than to pass around song lyrics and demand they sing along, because my friends would not do that. It made me wonder then, were these not people that this woman knew well? Does she just have expectations of her friends that are totally unrealistic? Is this the crazy friend of the group that got to organize this time and they just decide to mumble through? So many questions that I will never have the answer to. At least I have an odd story to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment