Saturday, February 21, 2009

This Blog

For the last month or two a company where I worked for 5 years paid me to read blogs. No, no one came to me and said we need you to review these blogs; I had nothing else to do. I received an email one day about a JC Penny catalog, found out it was from a blog. I started clicking on blogs he read, then blogs she read, and so on. I was laid off from that job. I knew it was coming since I would tell my boss I had nothing to do, she would shrug and walk off, this is not a good sign when the year before my budget has been over 50 million dollars. I took her shrug as an affirmation that I could read blogs so I did.
Now I am starting my own blog. Hopefully it will not be about the unemployed life for long. I am waiting to hear about a job where I know it is between me and one other person. I have not had this much time on my hands since, well maybe ever. The house is clean and there are no dirty socks. I ironed the duvet cover last week. I have been unemployed for ten days.
I do not have a mission statement for this blog and am just as curious to see where it goes as anyone who stumbles upon it.

No comments:

Post a Comment